Installing plugins on development server

edited September 2013 in General
Hi guys, I am using ServerPress development server as my staging area and I have set up a site on the dev server where I would like to install one of my tribulant plugins but I am a little confused about the installation process.

I have uploaded my plugin to the dev server no worries but it is now prompting me to enter in the serial key for the plugin.

I went to the serial key page for information ;http://tribulant.com/items/serial/342180 but it looks like it has to be a live URL for a serial key to be issued?  Is this correct or can I use my websitename.dev URL?

As I have only just started this development and havent used the plugins before I really want to be able to test everything offline first.

Can someone give me some advice on this issue?

Cheers... Brett

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Dont worry, I have figured it out... the answer is YES you can use .dev URL's to generate a serial key :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello Brett,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

Exactly, you can generate the serial key for your development URL, when you are ready to go live just get in contact with us and we will change it for you.

Let us know if you need further assistance ok?

All the best!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I had the same question last night ... tried the actual domain, didn't work, so then wrote for support with details.  They graciously responded with installation codes for all three products I purchased for both my dev address plus my eventual live address, thus allowing me to proceed at my own pace and be ready with the final when I get it live.  Awesome support people!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello Mare,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! 

Please feel free to get in contact with us if you need any further assistance.

All the best!