Copy/Duplicate a product

edited March 2013 in Shopping Cart plugin
In the admin panel I created a product. I had a similar product to create with a slightly different name and price so I copied the first product in the admin section as all of the other details were to be the same. But, I noticed some funny behaviour in the shop, when i clicked on the first product it would link to the second. Is there an open issue around the copy/duplicate feature, or, am I using it incorrectly?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey tubos,

Thanks for your post.

No, you're probably using it correctly - it's a bug we only recently discovered and have fixed in the latest development build. Would you like us to send it to you via Dropbox? If so, please submit a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/ so we could have your email address to send it to.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks Phil.

It's ok I dont need the feature right now. When is the next official release?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm interested to see how the new build handles the copy feature as the previous version was half-baked.   I'm really looking forward to the new release.  I don't like using the development relases as I have to do manual updates and those can be a pain especially with such a large plugin.   
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey guys,

As always, the best I can/am allowed to say, is "soon." :-)

Sorry about that!

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Any sense of when the new release will be available?  We are coming up on one month form when you said soon.  

If it is going to take a couple of months from something to become available then perhaps it is not so helpful to say it is coming "soon".    Saying something is coming soon and then it doesn't come soon makes Tribulant look bad.    It likes like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.   

If you are moving to a more defined release schedule it would be great if you let us long time customers know.   
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi John,

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the answer is the same as for your other two comments, I'm afraid... even if I did know what the ETA was, I/we am/are not allowed to give ETAs in accordance with company policy. It really IS close though, since we've started updating documentation etc.

That doesn't help you much, I know... sorry about that John!

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I copied a product. But now the two products are confusingly linked. Is there any way to fix it without deleting both products and recreating them?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @ahvolk

Thank you for your post.

How are the products confusingly linked?

I look forward to your response with more details so that we can test here on our side as well and see if there is a problem.