thumbnail not working on win/safari

WordPress 3.9.1
Slideshow Gallery Version 1.4.4.3URL : http://www.katethompsongorry.com/
The thumbnail images are not working on safari browser, Windows and iOs.The display is right on other browser.Is there a solution for displaying them ? Is that a known issue ?
Thaanx for your help

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi,

I'm bumping this thread. It's also seen in Mac Safari (some versions) although I can't give you the version of the OS. Any ideas?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your posts.

It must be a CSS compatibility issue with some browsers.
    We've added this to our development list for the Slideshow Gallery plugin so that we can fix it.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2014
    Same problem on all browsers (Win/Mac):
    WordPress 3.9.1Slideshow Gallery Version 1.4.4.3

Thumbs are broken here, but not in this slideshow, which was made after the 1.4.4.3 update.

It seems that there is some trouble with the suffix of the thumbs. The post-update slideshows make a .jpeg suffix. The pre-update slideshows made a .jpg suffix, but the actual code searches for .JPG and fails with the lower case suffix.
    This is the thumb source what your code is looking for, but it should look for this.

Maybe I'm wrong... in this case I have to change the thumb's suffixes manually in the DB.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @mistamoto

I believe your problem is different though.

You are right about the uppercase/lowercase file extensions of the thumbnails.
    It is a known problem with BFI Thumb script. We are waiting for a fix.
    We created a ticket/issue here: https://github.com/bfintal/bfi_thumb/issues/15
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    So it has almost been a year since the missing thumbnail images were reported. How about a progress report?
    Thumbnails are;
    Missing in Win XP / IE8, and Safari and OPERA
    Missing on Android 2.3 - 4X native browser (working  in Firefox, and in Chrome)
    Missing on the iphone!
    Missing on MAC OS / Safari

If this is a CSS issue then lets get it fixed!

I am sure people would gladly donate or pay for a fully working version. But there are a lot of people that cannot see the thumbnails!

I have created a ticket.
    Example site: ruggvalley.com

-Daniel @ Dosolutions.com

• Vote Up0Vote Down

I solved the issue wit the thumbs in Safari.

The issue is overflow:hidden in the CSS

If you are using Responsive ... views\default\css-responsive.php

Line #17 (Add overflow:hidden;)

#<?php echo $styles['wrapperid']; ?> { position:relative; width:100%; background: <?php echo $styles['background']; ?>; padding:0 0 0 0; border:<?php echo $styles['border']; ?>; margin:0; display:block; overflow:hidden;}

and Line #37 (Delete overflow:hidden; and add transparent to background)

#<?php echo $styles['wrapperid']; ?> #slidearea<?php echo $unique; ?> { float:left; position:absolute; z-index:149; background: transparent <?php echo $styles['background']; ?>; width:calc(100% - 40px); margin:0 20px; height:<?php echo $sliderheight; ?>px; }

If you are using NON-Responsive change the css.php too

Those changes work for me.

Tony @ global2net.com