[Solved] set specific product order for loop

edited August 2014 in General
I want to manually modify the products loop order ... at the moment I cannot figure out how it is ordering them, I do not want my customers to have the option of reorder, I want to insert a default and have it carry on ... not A-Z ... I would prefer order by date added or modified either desc or asc 

what page has this ??

I am capable of hand-modifying, know how to keep copies of the original in case I fail, etc.,but I don't know where to find "default" order.

thanks!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    also .. would like to be able to make the same hard-coded modification for the number of items/categories displayed in the admin section.  drives me crazy to have to search.  the admin I want to order A-Z by product name and show 300 or so products.  (Most of my clients have only about 50 products.)  Most convenient to have all show on one page.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2014
    @marepinta

Thank you for your posts.

First, you can turn off that sorting for the customers.
    It is under Checkout > Configuration > Products & Images like this: http://goo.gl/M8SBk8

Then, to order products, there are different areas depending on the shortcode.
    For the [checkout_products] shortcode, you'll go to Checkout > Products and click "Sort" at the top.
    Alternatively, you can sort products per category by going to Checkout > Shop Categories.

You can set the number of products per page under Checkout > Configuration > Products & Images > Products Loop/Paging Settings.

Please let me know if this helps.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the customer sorting turned off ... I am asking how to sort the products in the same way every time the shop opens.  Currently it "randomly" sorts every time!  It makes no sense to me.  I want to force sort for the public a certain way and am asking where I go to add this.

Re the admin section, yes, I know I can sort them manually there also, and I can manually set the number of products I see in the admin, but I want to permanently set it so I don't have to click and wait for it to refresh every time.

These are two different questions, but really about the same thing.  One is for the administration end only (dashboard I guess you call it).  The other is for the public view.

Thanks for your help!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    www.wsqspokane.org/shop/

every time I refresh the page it gives a different sort order.  I want to sort by categories with membership always first.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @marepinta

Yes, what I said is for the public order that it will display:

"Then, to order products, there are different areas depending on the shortcode.
    For the [checkout_products] shortcode, you'll go to Checkout > Products and click "Sort" at the top.
    Alternatively, you can sort products per category by going to Checkout > Shop Categories."

So you go to Checkout > Products and click "Sort". Then you can choose either random, specific order or custom order: http://goo.gl/dgNd7g . What you want is probably the specific order.

PLEASE NOTE: This works for the [checkout_products] or [wpcoproducts] shortcode only. If the shop page you want to order the products on is a category shortcode, you need go to to Checkout > Shop Categories and click "Order Products" for that specific product but it's the same concept.

If you struggle with it, please submit a ticket to us with WordPress login details and tell us what order you want the products to display in.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    very nice!  works like a charm.  was this always there or was this part of one of the last 2 updates.  I haven't used it much in awhile but did not think this was even a button before.

anyway, much appreciated!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @marepinta

Great, I'm glad to hear that you managed with it.

The feature was always there to sort products globally and per category like that.