Option to hide caption?

Is it possible to add an option for the user to hide to caption/overlay so thay they can see the complete picture?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Robbie

Thank you for your post.

What type of shortcode are you using?
    Are you showing slides from post images or Slideshow > Manage Slides or?

The quickest way to hide the information bar is under Slideshow > Configuration where you can turn it off.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I add slides to a gallery and then add the gallery shortcode to a post.

However, I do not want to permanently hide the caption. I want the user to be able to show/hide the caption. Is that possible?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Robbie

Oh, you want each user to be able to hide the caption. Sorry I misunderstood that initially.

We can add this to our development list, I just want more input from you on this, please.

Do you want the user to be able to click a cross or "close" link and then hide the information bar on the current slide? Do you then expect all information bars to be hidden permanently for that user? What do you have in mind in regards to the flow of this?

I look forward to your response.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    The way I see it:

1) The caption automatically opens when a slide is loaded.
    2) A user is able to click an icon such as a "down arrow". The caption slides down using the same transition it used when sliding in.
    3) When the caption is hidden, the user can show the caption again when clicking on a "up arrow".

When a user hides a caption, it doesn't make all other captions hidden. Just the one from the current slide. As far as i'm concerced, this setting doesn't has to be remembered from the moment another slide is loaded. It's just a extra usability feature for the user to be able to see the complete picture.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Robbie

Thank you for your feedback.

We have added this to our development list and will make it possible in the near future.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Great! looking forward to it!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Robbie

No problem, we will have it available soon, together with other things.