Need Help....

edited December 2014 in Gallery Voting plugin
I love your plugin but I'm having a problem. I want to have more than one contest but when I start a new contest the plugin voting does not reset back to zero even after I start a new gallery post to vote on. So people can't vote in the new contest. "The message You have already voted 1 time comes up" How can I reset the voting for a new contest?

I also would like to add a wishlist suggestion. A feature to hide voting numbers would be awesome. If this is already possible please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Patrick

Thank you for your post.

The WordPress Gallery Voting plugin counts votes per photo in your WordPress media library. Each photo/image has an 'attachment_id' so if you reuse images, the previous votes on those images will remain.

Best is to reupload the images for the new gallery, even if the image is exactly the same as before, reuploading it into the media library will have WordPress give it a different filename and also a new, unique 'attachment_id' to work with.

In addition to the 'attachment_id', the plugin counts either by cookie or IP address depending on the settings that you set under Settings > Gallery Voting in your WordPress.

Please let me know if that helps and if reuploading the same images solves the problem.