[Solved] Update failed, PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @slingblade01

We've seen this happening intermittently and on certain server configurations.

Please try again and if it keeps happening, can you please update via FTP.

Deactivate the Shopping Cart plugin, upload the "wp-checkout" folder to "wp-content/plugins/" overwriting the existing one and then reactivate the plugin again.

Let me know if this helps.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    It or may not be helpful to others but it has been my experience that when installing updates to the Shopping Cart that I first deactivate all plugin extensions (ie., Guest Checkout, Sage, Advanced Coupons, Wholesale, etc.) before installing the update.    - Jim
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @MCP

Thank you for your input on this, it may be helpful to others, yes.

I assume that some of the extensions may be looking for the Shopping Cart plugin the moment while it is being deleted and readded by the WordPress automatic updater which could cause problems.

The ZIP issue is related to the format of the ZIP and compatibility of the server reading it though. The ZIP isn't actually broken or corrupt but with some server setups, some ZIPs are an issue.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@slingblade01 and @MCP

I assume that you guys managed with this and that it is resolved?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this.