[Solved] WPML and multilanguage setup

edited May 2015 in Newsletter plugin

Hi

I installed the .mo files for SE and US before I installed WPML and things work very nice translation-wise. 

1. I have the backend in Swedish but your Newsletters is still English. (Correction, found one place where it says Ja/Nej) Current Language shows: "wp-mailinglist-languages\newsletters-lite-sv_SE.mo" English is OK for me but I want the Swedish version for customers.

2. If I check "Style WordPress Emails" the dropdown below shows "-N", nothing more and the dropdown itself is empty. What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Jaken,

Thank you for your message.

Can you provide more details about the missing translations? When you say Newsletter are you referring to the email that was sent to your subscribers or to a different section of the plugin? Can you perhaps provide some screenshots so we can understand what the exact problem is and better assist you?

The option to "Style WordPress Emails" should display a list of templates that can be used, did you delete any templates? If not it could be a CSS conflict causing the dropdown to display incorrectly, which browser are you using so we can run some tests on our side?

Our team will look forward to your response.

All the best!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi Vitor

1. Your whole plugin is in English (apart form one ja/nej). Even though the rest of the backend is Swedish.

2. I tried another theme and it looked correct there, CSS problem I guess. The faulty theme was Altitude Light.

How do I upload screenshots?? There's only a url field for Image button above.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Jaken,

Thank you for your response.

You can please upload your images into a website like this: www.tinypic.com and then paste the direct URL to them here so we can take a closer look into that for you.

We'll look forward to your response.

All the best!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Jaken

Regarding the issues:

1. If you have a Swedish language file yet the plugin remains in English, the language file is not loading so there must be a reason for that. Can you check the language setting under Settings in WordPress? Also, the permissions on the .MO file? What does the plugin say under Newsletters > Configuration > System > WordPress Related? Does it detect the language file?

2. Yes, as Vitor mentioned, you can upload images to a public image hosting service and insert them here then.

We look forward to your response to assist you further. If that language issue is urgent and you don't manage with it, please submit a ticket to us with WordPress and FTP login details: http://tribulant.com/support/

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2015

Hi 

Tried tinypic but nothing got uploaded!

Instead I uploaded the local install to our test server so you can poke around.

naturfoton.nu/wp-admin

Login details removed

Let me know what you find out!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Jaken

Ok no problem.

Yes, please do not put login details here, it is public.

I believe that the language issue was resolved in another forum discussion.

The issue was with the files that you downloaded from the languages Github repo and when you downloaded the ZIP file instead it was okay, right?

I'll mark this as solved.