Export of Newsletters

edited May 2015 in Newsletter plugin

Hi

I have a test site under DesktopServer where I did an export of the Newsletters setup and imported it into a new test site setup the same way. None of my translations or templates are transferred!

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

I can't see that any setup is carried over!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Jaken,

Can you provide more details on how you exported your Newsletter Setup? Did you simply export your database tables and imported to your new website?

I`ll look forward to your response in order to better assist you.

All the best!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi Vitor

I used Tools | Export, ticked Newsletters and klicked Download Export File. Used Wordpress Importer on the other site.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Jaken,

Thank you for your response.

Please note that the mentioned feature will only export/import your subscribers, the plugin configuration is not included.

Please let us know if it helps.

All the best!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

OK, but PLEASE add that ASAP!! If I buy your plugin I will use it on 5-7 sites and I don't want to translate the same things over and over, that's worthless!! I can't be the first one using it on more than one site? Am I?

The Unlimited version costs $325 and I can't copy setups between the sites? Really?

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Jaken,

Thank you for your response.

I`m adding this feature to our development list but please note, you`ll be notified when this feature is released.

Until then note that as an alternative you can export/import your WordPress database tables, by doing this your plugin configuration should be transferred as well.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi

Never exported tables directly. What tables should I export?

Understand that I want to add your plugin to existing sites so I guess I can only import tables that you use in your plugin?

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Jaken

The plugin's tables start with wp_wpml... (assuming that your WordPress database prefix is wp_)

So you can export all of those specifically.

Let me know if that helps.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi 

Tried it on a local install, dropped the old tables and imported the ones I exported from site 1. Worked with the setup for your plugin, but NOT the translations I've done.

How do I move those over as well?

Kristian

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Jaken

The translations are files or if you used a plugin like Codestyling Localization, you'll need to export from there.

In which manner did you translate the Newsletter plugin?

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi 

The translations I'm talking about are the ones in YOUR setup pages where the WPML.org-plugin adds tabs for English and Swedish.

See the home page I gave you login to at:

http://naturfoton.nu/wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletters-settings

Scroll down to: "Default Subscription Form Settings" and "Post Configuration" eg.

How can I move those over to another site? They will be the same for all my sites. Are they in the .po file? So if I translate that one I will see Swedish in the WPML-tab? That would be superb!

Kristian

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Jaken

Those settings with the language tabs (English/Swedish) are actually WordPress options.

So those ones are in the wp_options database table and they start with wpml...