[Solved] Edit Manage Subscriptions Page?

edited June 2015 in Newsletter plugin

I would like to edit the "manage subscirptions" page to change the layout and what appears on it. I see the page is pulling shortcode of "[newsletters_management]" but I cannot seem to locate where this is managed. Can you point me to the right location of the code or template?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@bsetzer

Thank you for your post.

The template files are at views/default/management/* in the plugin's folder.

There are a few template files in that folder for the Manage Subscriptions page.

You can use a child theme folder for the Newsletter plugin to make sure that your changes stay intact when you upgrade the plugin in the future so that they don't get overwritten. Here is the documentation on using a child theme folder: http://tribulant.com/docs/wordpress-mailing-list-plugin/7890

Let me know if that helps and if you need further assistance.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Thanks for the quick reply! It all makes sense - one quick question...

When creating the child theme folder - should it match the folder name from the plugins folder? The instructions say to to create a /newsletters/ folder. The actual plugin folder is called /newsletters-lite/. I assume it should match.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@bsetzer

You're welcome!

No, the folder should just always be /newsletters/ inside the WordPress theme or child theme. It shouldn't match the plugin or anything, just /newsletters/ and that's it.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Thanks again. I have downloaded the files from /wp-content/plugins/newsletters-lite/views/default/management/ and have made text edits to a couple and copied to /wp-content/themes/[my theme]/newsletters/views/default/management/

None of my edits are appearing. I have cleared the site cache... any thoughts?

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@bsetzer

Thank you for your response.

Your path is incorrect, it should be wp-content/themes/[mytheme]/newsletters/management/

You have that extra /views/default/ part which shouldn't be there.

Please see the docs again: http://tribulant.com/docs/wordpress-mailing-list-plugin/7890