Slideshow only on non-static homepage [Attitude]

edited June 2015 in General

Thank you for a fantastic product. I believe you answered this question in part a year or so ago, but not entirely.

My site: http://www.scotchology.com/

Theme: Attitude

WP version: 4.2.2

Plugin version: 1.5.3

As you can see, I've successfully inserted a gallery into the header (via header.php), but I only want the gallery to appear on the homepage. The homepage is not static. I was able to insert code into the Index.php file and have the gallery only appear on the homepage. Apparently in a recent upgrade of either WordPress, my theme or your plugin, this now no longer works. Rather, I'm sure the functionality works, but I'll have to do something different or update the code in my php file. Do you have any suggestions on where I should start poking to achieve the functionality I want? Thank you!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

CORRECTION: The code I have is in the Main Index Template (index.php) of my child theme, not the header file. The code I have in the index.php is 

<?php get_header(); ?>

<?php if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow(true, "1", false, array()); } ?>

<?php

The placement of the code seems correct (I think), but perhaps the code itself needs finessing.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Palavar,

We are sorry about the delay on getting back to you.

You can use the following code to display the slideshow under your home page only:

<?php get_header(); ?>

<?php if(is_home()) { ?>

<?php if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow(true, "1", false, array()); } ?>

<?php } ?>

Please feel free to get in touch if you need further assistance.

All the best!