personalize the slideshow css

Hi I just installed the plugin and it is working fine. Now I'd like to do some changes in the css to make it more personal. Where can I do it? is there a way to have a sort of Child so I'll not lose the changes if there is any plugin update?

Thank you

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi mareee,

You can personalise the plugin to a fair degree in Slideshow > Configuration > Appearance and Styles. If you want to personalise it further, you need to edit the CSS in /slideshow-gallery/css/gallery-css.php.

There is unfortunately not a child theme available for the plugin. You would have to backup and make notes of your edits so as not to lose them.

Where there are certain attributes not defined in the CSS you might be able to add them to the style.css file of your WordPress theme, for which you can easily make a child theme and do the edits in the child theme's style.css file.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards,

phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

How can CSS be modified for the Slideshow Gallery plugin?

The above file (/slideshow-gallery/css/gallery-css.php) no longer seems to be available, at least from the WordPress Plugin Editor.

Also, how can slideshows be styled via styles.css when many elements have slideshow-specific IDs, e.g., #slideshow1502, #slideshow-wrapper1502, #fullsize1502, #imglink1502? These slideshow-specific IDs prevent using classes on the same elements because they have higher precedence.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2015

Here's a difficult example:

<code>
    #slideshow-wrapper1502 .linkhover {

background: transparent url("images/link.gif") no-repeat scroll center center !important;

opacity: 0.4 !important;

text-indent: -9999px;

}
    </code>

When your own elements not only use slideshow-specific IDs but then use !important overrides, these can't be easily styled via styles.css.