[Solved] Taxes by county or zip

My state requires that I collect taxes only from people who live in my state. The problem is there is not only one tax rate. Depending on which county my customer lives in there can also be an additional surtaxes rate. At the end of each quarter, I have to report and pay sales tax to my state tax collector and break out the surtax rates.

All other major shopping carts offer a way to set up your taxes by county or even by zip code for this reason. Surely the Tribulant Shopping Cart does that too, right?? If so, where is it???

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @klucas0406

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can configure taxes based on country and/or state combinations. You'll find the ability to create specific tax rates as needed under Checkout > Configuration > Calculations > Tax Settings in the WordPress Shopping Cart plugin.

Let me know if this works for you and if you need anything other than that?

I look forward to hearing from you.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

klucas0406 actually asked about County tax, not Country tax.  Curious if this cart supports County-based taxes? I'm using WooCommerce currently, and it supports charging tax based on the US County of the customer... but am entertaining using your cart plugin instead, and some of our customers will require taxes based on US County or at least Zip Code.

- Scott

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@QTH

Thank you for your post.

Our WordPress Shopping Cart doesn't support tax rates by counties or zipcodes at the moment.

Only countries and states/provinces are currently supported.

We have escalated this on our development list to make zipcode and county tax rates available asap.