A couple of system email-related issues

jmbjmb
edited October 2015 in Newsletter plugin

I am noticing a couple of strange things related to emails.

1. If I have new members subscribe only to one mailing list upon registration, no problem, but if I try two lists the admin confirmation email looks like:

A user/visitor has just subscribed to: .

with neither of the lists actually being displayed.

2. More confusing are the WordPress system emails. I have your plugin configured to send WP system emails using a template, which normally works just great, including the new WP user registration-related emails, password change emails, etc., IF the user doesn't subscribe to a mailinglist during registration. If he/she does, then the WP system emails are sent as plain text (with newlines removed).

Perhaps this issue is related to plugins on my end (WP-Members, Theme My Login and Login with AJAX), and I need to investigate that further, but it would be great if you could check your end to see as well.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

A quick follow-up after a bit of testing. The first problem only seems to exist if one of the mailinglists is single opt-in (no confirmation required). When I set them both to confirmation required, they were both displayed properly in both the admin confirmation email and the confirmation email to the subscriber. I also tested just one no-confirmation required list and it had the same issue so I feel fairly confident that is the issue.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@jmb

1.) I was not able to duplicate the subscribe on system emails issue. http://www.screencast.com/t/Fh336Iq0

2.) Thank you, I was able to duplicate this on our development site and I will add it to our development list as a bug. http://www.screencast.com/t/pquIs3kv

Regards

Marietha

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Interesting, I would have guessed that you could duplicate #1 and not #2 but at least it is good to know that the second issue is not my setup. As for issue #1, I can very reliably replicate it. I have 2 mailinglists and it doesn't matter which I set as Single Opt-in nor whether I setup to have new member registrants subscribe to both lists or just the list that is Single Opt-in, the result is the same. See below:

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@jmb

Thank you for the screenshots, I was now able to duplicate issue 1.

If one mailinglist is single and the other double opt in on subscription with registration the mailinglists are not included in the system email.

I'll also add it to our development list. 

Regards

Marietha

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Good to know, thanks. Any idea what timeframe the changes might happen?

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@jmb

No, unfortunately not. We'll keep you updated. 

Regards

Marietha