[Solved] Tribulant with Enfold Theme

Hi,

my theme is Enfold, and i use Tribulant Plugin for my newsletter

When i create a post, i use Advanced Layout. 

The problem is : when i want to insert a post in my newsletter, shortcode is not well displayed

For example : i insert

[newsletters_post showdate="N" eftype="excerpt" post_id="4496" thumbnail_size="medium" thumbnail_align="left" thumbnail_hspace="15"]

And it display this : 

[av_one_third first min_height= » vertical_alignment= » space= » custom_margin= » margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border= » border_color= » radius=’0px’ background_color= » src= » background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’] [av_video src=’’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′ custom_class= »] [/av_one_third][av_two_third min_height= » vertical_alignment= » space= » custom_margin= » margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=

Can you help me ?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@yegortitov

I will assist you to resolve this issue.

So you insert the [newsletters_posts...] shortcode and as a result it outputs the shortcodes from the theme, right?

I believe what is happening is that the theme's shortcodes that are in the post content are not parsed because the theme isn't registering it's shortcodes in the admin panel. They most likely use is_admin() to check if it's the admin panel and then not register the shortcodes. Because they only register and parse those shortcodes on the front-end.

The Newsletter plugin runs in the back-end so that is a problem.

Can you please confirm whether this seems correct and can you then email the author/developer of the Enfold theme and ask them if it is possible to allow the registration of the theme's shortcodes in the admin dashboard of WordPress as well?

I look forward to your response.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi,

i am waiting for a response. I ask it in the theme's forum.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@yegortitov

Ok I guess they are just saying that they cannot change the theme.

The shortcodes will need to be registered in the admin panel as well if you want to use them in newsletters.

Can you please submit a ticket to us with WordPress and FTP login details to enable that for you? You can submit the ticket here: http://tribulant.com/support/

Then we can come back here and post the code in case someone else wants to do the same in the future.

I look forward to your response.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Thanks

ticket is opened : #912776

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@yegortitov

Thank you, we have received your ticket.

We will get back to you on the ticket shortly.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@yegortitov

I hope you are doing well.

We repiled to your ticket as well with the solution and fixed it for you.

The shortcodes are registered in enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/php/shortcode-template.class.php and the add_shortcode() is wrapped by an is_admin() check to only register shortcodes on the front-end.

After commenting out the is_admin() IF statement, it worked.

I'll mark this as [Solved] and I hope that someone else with the same Enfold WordPress theme or another theme and a similar problem will find this useful.