Gallery Voting does not display

edited September 2015 in Gallery Voting plugin

Hello,

I installed the plugin via wordpress and activated it but it still doesn't show on the website. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to copy the content from custom css to a css file? If yes, to which one? 

Thank you

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@Alecs

The Gallery Voting Plugin will add a voting feature to any [gallery] WordPress image/photo gallery.

Do you have any galleries active on your site?

Regards

Marietha

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes I do. It doesn't show anything though...what should I try doing?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello @Alecs ;

May we have your gallery URL in order to take a closer look into this issue for you?

We`ll look forward to your response in order to better assist you.

All the best!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Alecs

I suspect and assume that the reason why the Gallery Voting plugin isn't displaying and applying to the [gallery] shortcode could be because of another plugin hooking to and/or overriding the [gallery] shortcode.

Can you please deactivate other gallery related plugins to see which one is the culprit causing this? Once you know which one, please reply back here with it's name and even better a link to it where we can see/get it. Then we can install it on our side and troubleshoot to see if we can make it compatible.

I look forward to your positive response.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

I dissabled all the plugins but gallery votin still doesn't work. I guess the theme is the issue. I use Impreza Child: http://impreza.us-themes.com/

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Alecs

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

If you temporarily switch the WordPress theme to something else, does the Gallery Voting then display? If it does, you know it's a confict with the theme somehow.

We can assist you to resolve the conflict quickly. Can you please submit a ticket to us with a link and WordPress login details to check? You can submit the ticket here: http://tribulant.com/support/

I look forward to your response.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi All!

I am excited about this plug in but have experienced a similar issue as some other users, where the voting is not showing up. Could you tell me if this plug-in has any glitches with the Elegant Themes, Divi theme?

Many thanks,

Kristen

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@kristen

Thank you for your post.

We have tested it with Divi and Divi overrides the [gallery] shortcode which prevents it from working as intended.

We have managed to resolve this in our latest development.

For Divi and all other themes where this issue persists.

We will release an update shortly but if you want to use it right away, please submit a ticket to us for a development build/version: http://tribulant.com/support/

• Vote Up0Vote Down

hello, I've been experiencing the same issue, where the voting is not shown on the gallery I created for this. Also, where do I need to put or find the [gallery] shortcode? I am currently using the House of Grey theme. Please help! 

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@Sabrina

The gallery voting plugin will only show a vote button on the images in the WordPress gallery.

To add a WordPress Gallery go to any page / post and enter the [gallery] shortcode. You will then be able to upload images to the gallery.

On activation of the plugin, a vote button will become available for the images in the [gallery]

Regards

Marietha