problem sending monthly newsletter

jmbjmb
edited April 2016 in Newsletter plugin

I have several newsletters that are configured to run on a schedule and are running perfectly well but I have one that doesn't seem to get sent. I set them all up in the same fashion and I cannot see anything that seems wrong. Subscriber list is set and has 26k members. I can send a test email no problem. And, after the send date has passed and I edit the newsletter it shows that it is scheduled for the next sending (which is monthly, in case that matters). I did edit the newsletter, changing the send date and requeued it but that didn't fix the problem. So, any ideas of how I can troubleshoot what is going wrong here?

Also, I started a new topic on March 18 that nobody has responded to. Could someone please address that?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

I have experimented with some things and I can indeed get the newsletter to mail if I switch to a small test list I have created. In that process when I queue the newsletter it redirects to the email queue page which lists all the test email addresses. When I try to switch back to my proper list (26k+) and save the redirect doesn't make it to the email queue page but is just a blank page with the create newsletter URL. So, what does this mean and how can I fix the problem?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

I believe you created a ticket for this.

The blank page upon trying to queue the emails means that the server is running out of resources. Especially since the small list works but the large list doesn't.

Best is to increase PHP memory_limit, max_execution_time, etc. If you're not sure how to increase them manually, you can ask your hosting provider.

You can also try to queue the newsletter using the Ajax progress so that they are not queued all at once but in multiple processes. Let me know if this works for you?