[SOLVED] Post/Pages and Categories Configuration Options Overwritten

I'm having trouble ramping up using the plugin, because my Post/Pages and Categories configuration options keep being overwritten. I am not sure if they are even saved initially. I receive no errors, but I find all the but the first setting have reverted to the first page alphabetically ('Advocate', in my case). Even if it's just the UI not displaying the settings properly, I am unable to change any other configuration options, because these page settings will just revert to Advocate again. It's impossible to properly set up products and the rest of the config options when these basic settings keep getting overwritten.
Tagged:

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @"Dave Seidman"

Can you turn debugging on under Checkout>configuration and see if you get any error messages when saving the config settings?

It's strange behaviour, we've not seen it before.

Are you able to save other config settings?

Regards
    Marietha
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I cannot save any configuration settings, it turns out. I didn't see any errors in either the checkout.log or the standard WP debug.log. The support ticket I have open suggests I ask my hosting service why I can't save config options but doesn't offer what files or tables the config options are written to. I need more details for my hosting service to provide further assistance. Where are checkout config options stored?
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    edited July 2016
    @Dave Seidman

The plugin uses the WordPress add_option/update_option functions.
    It saves those settings to the default WordPress wp_options database table.

Since the settings are not saving, I have these suspicions:

• The hosting has database caching active, so the values are cached.

• The hosting has security, Apache mod_security or something similar which prevents them from saving

• The wp_options database table may be damaged, can you run a repair on that table to see if that resolves it?

Regards
    Marietha
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2016
    Dreamhost disabled memcached on my site, and this resolved the issue of not being able to update configuration values.

(I'd be happy to update the post title to SOLVED if the Edit button would allow me to. Unable to do so).
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Dave Seidman

Great to hear it solves your issue.

I'll mark this as solved.

Regards
    Marietha