Resend Confirm Subscription email

How can i manually resend the "Confirm Subscription" email to users that already exist ?

Also why does it not send automatically the email when adding new users?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @kilimats

You can set a reminder to resend the "Confirm Subscription" email after a period of time.
    Go to Newsletters>Configuration- Subscribers - Subscription Behaviour - Inactive Subscriptions - Set a reminder

Is double opt-in turned on? Is the list set as double opt-in? Newsletters>Mailing Lists. You can also configure it globally under the same Subscription Behaviour settings above. -Require Confirmation

Please let me know if it helps?

Regards
    Marietha
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2016
    thanks, so my mailing list was already set to send confirmation, i enabled the confirm subscrition reminder under config > subscribers setting to send 1 day after subscribing.

So that mean the only way for the user to receive a CONFIRM EMAIL when the admin add their email manually is to wait 1 day after? cant be sent manually by admin ? have to wait a day minim ? thats weird

right now i hav 12 active subscribers because the admin added the email, they automatically got activated. If i set the option send unactive reminder after 1 day and i DEACTIVATE those same subscriber, they will receive an email to confirm the day following their creation?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @kilimats

Active subscriptions will not receive notifications.

If admin add subscribers they will automatically be active, unless you import subscribers and select the option require activation.

I hope this helps you?

Regards
    Marietha
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    thank you, going fwd i will use the IMPORTfeature to add more users manually instead of using the ADD NEW button which doesnt provide a way to force confirmation, will this be added in future versions?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @kilimats

It's a pleasure. I'll add this to our development list for you to select an option "Require Activation" when manually adding a subscriber.

Regards
    Marietha