No password field available for custom fields

You offer various field types for custom fields but no password field type. Any special reason for this? Can you add it as an option?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'll add it as a task to our dev list.

Regards
    Marietha
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

What do you need the password custom field for?
    Can you please provide more details on this.

I look forward to your response.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

I didn't get a response here from you after my last message.

We did however build password authentication into Newsletters in our latest development so that a subscriber/user can set a password for their account. That way they can login to the Manage Subscriptions section with their email and password without going through the authentication procedure.

This feature will be included into our upcoming release and it can be turned on/off with a setting in Newsletters accordingly in case the webmaster doesn't want this.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Your forums don't send any notifications (strange for a newsletter plugin haha) and I have been quite busy to remember to check back, that's why no response.

But, to answer your question, I am interested in better integrating WP membership and Tribulant subscriber info. I do some custom modifications to make this happen and thus was looking for a custom field. If you are implementing this as a standard feature, that hopefully will make my request obsolete.

I am curious about how you are choosing to tackle this issue. Are you checking to see if a user is already a registered WP user first and using that information to pre-populate fields and/or authenticate?