[Solved] Problem handling bounce messages with apostrophes

jmbjmb
edited September 2016 in Newsletter plugin
There seems to be an error in your script for cases where a bounce message (in my case provided via Amazon SNS) contains an apostrophe. Here a relevant message from my error log:

[04-Aug-2016 04:11:15 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1' at line 1 for query INSERT INTO `wpmlbounces` (`id`, `email`, `count`, `status`, `history_id`, `created`, `modified`) VALUES ('', 'xyz@gmail.com', '1', '5.1.1 - smtp; 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596 k9si7074437qte.22 - gsmtp', '', '2016-08-04 04:11:15', '2016-08-04 04:11:15') made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, wpMail->init, wpMailPlugin->bounce, wpmlBounce->save

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

Thank you for reporting this problem with bounces and apostrophes.

We have fixed this problem in our latest development now.
    The fix will be included in our upcoming release.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

You're welcome, I'm glad we could resolved this.

We have great webhook handling coming out with our next release. For Amazon SES, SendGrid and Mailgun to better handle all types of events.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks. On a separate issue, I have an open trouble ticket (Ticket #133554) that has not had a reply in months even though I have given two very detailed follow up responses. Could somebody please read that and reply? I don't know the appropriate place to ask so I am asking here. Perhaps I should open a new ticket to address the old ticket?