[Solved] Import Auto Responders and List Config

edited March 2017 in Newsletter plugin
Hi,
I am currently setting up the plugin on a test site because the final set up will be rather complicated 20 lists and even more autoresponders. Is there a way to export/import that to the live site when I'm ready ? I noticed that the Wordpress export function does the Newsletters. The rest of the config would be nice though. If I need to do it via MySQL somehow that would work.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Davis

Thank you for your post.

The plugin currently doesn't export or import the autoresponders and mailing lists specifically. Neither does it export or import other things like configuration settings. We have had requests for these features and we are working on making them possible.

In the meanwhile, the best way to migrate the plugin over from the test site to the live site is to export the database tables starting with wp_wpml... from your test site database to a SQL file using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and then import the SQL into the live site database again to migrate things over.

Let me know if this helps and if you manage with it.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your answer - so the plugin has it's own tables etc. ? If so that shouldn't be too bad.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Davis

You are welcome, I'm glad to assist you.

Yes, that's right, the plugin has it's own database tables starting with wp_wpml... if your WordPress database prefix is wp_

Let me know if you manage with it or if you need further assistance.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2017
    Hi, I have imported the tables but the live site seems to have some issues now. I've changed the License key for the new site. However, it will not add any new subscribers and while the lists and autoresponders appear in the admin area - they do not show on the subscribe forms. could it be because the site is SSL secured? Is there something else I'm missing. I did have to change the collation on some table columns to utf8mb4_unicode_ci from utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci or else it wouldn't import.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Fixed it. It was a setting in the Config section that didn't copy over apparently.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Davis

I'm glad to hear that you managed to resolve this problem.