Thumbnails often not loading

Hi. I am getting a problem that comes and goes. SOME of the thumbnails are not loading under the main picture. When I refresh the page, or load it again at another time, different thumbnails go missing, and sometimes the page loads fine with all thumbs showing.

There is nearly always a problem with the following page:

I am running the latest wordpress 3.5.1 and I have tried uploading and pointing to a URL for the images but with the same results.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I tried in three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome & IE) but only managed to see one thumbnail not loading the first time I tried it in Chrome (the image itself loaded in the slideshow though). All thumbnails otherwise loaded normally for me every time in each browser, even when refreshing & re-opening the page several times.

Were you perhaps able to resolve the issue in the meantime? Could it perhaps be browser cache or something locally?

If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/ with WordPress admin and FTP login details so we could investigate for you.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your reply Phil.

I've tried it on various computers and browsers and still have the same issue. It seems that the timthumb is generating code that is pointing to a non-existent resource perhaps? 

When I inspect the element using Chrome, it comes up with decent source codes to direct me to the thumbnails for those working, but for those not working, the code doesn't take me to a thumbnail image when I click on it.

Below is a copy of one of the error messages thrown up by chrome when I use the developer tool. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your assistance in this. I'll go down the admin / ftp route as a last resort, but I'm a bit edgy about doing that kind of thing if I don't have to. Hope you understand!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

You might want to approach your web host and ask them about that error, since 500 (Internal Server Error) refers to a server side problem. You can read more about it here:

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

I see there is mention of the TimThumb script in that error, so it's possible that it's partially affected. It's not being blocked completely, as some web hosts do, since thumbnails are at least being displayed.

Please let me know if that helps, will you?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Check the Error Logs
    • Errors in .htaccess files
    • Clear your browser cookies and cache
    • Reload or Refresh the Webpage
    Not Yet?

If you've tried to troubleshoot your 500 server error and still can't fix it, then you may need to speak to your web host and see if they are able to find what process or script is causing the error.