WordPress User Profile

dlxdlx
edited November 2012 in Shopping Cart plugin

A user who has already purchased an item in the shop can edit it´s credentials (address / shipping address, etc.) by clicking the link "Edit profile" on the "my account"-page. Clicking there the user get´s to http:/.../wp-admin/profile.php to the default WordPress profile page. This is really strange for the normal user because the layout of the site is completely different.

Is there any solution so the user can edit the information inside a normal page maybe by shortcode?

Best regards,
Jan

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Jan,

There is a free WordPress plugin called Theme My login. Although it is primarily intended to create a nice login/registration form in the WordPress frontend, It also has the option of providing users with the option of editing their profile on a page in the frontend.

The only thing I don't know is whether the shipping/billing fields that are shown in the default wp-admin user profile, will also be available in the Theme My Login profile form. That might be important since a customer might want to edit his shipping/billing details.

You could always try it out and let us know here whether it works?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello Phil,

the plugin works - but it displays every information like Theme Color, AIM, Yahoo IM, ...
    I really can´t believe this is the only solution. This doesn´t look perfect especially for recurring customers who want to edit their data. And recurring customers normally are the good customers and should get best support and ease of use... 

I´ve even bought an other plugin (Profile Builder Pro) and still don´t have a solution for this. :-(

Maybe you have an other idea?

Best regards,
    Jan

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps you could try this plugin? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-user-frontend/

We don't have a built-in solution in the Shopping Cart plugin for that, unfortunately.

Please let me know if that helps, will you?

Regards,

Phil