Trying to get rid of table borders on checkout page

edited February 2013 in Shopping Cart plugin
I am trying to spruce up the checkout page and i want to get rid of the table borders.  been looking through stuff for awhile and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  thanks

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Demetri,

You could use your browser's developer console (Firebug for Firefox has a good one) to tee the div names or classes of the items that need to be edited, and then you could remove the borders by entering custom CSS code into the "Use Custom CSS" option under Checkout > Configuration > General > Theme, Scripts & Custom CSS.

Please let me know if this helps, or whether you need further assistance, will you Demetri?

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you Phil.  Actually, I would like to get into the guts of the code, the php file that controls the shopping cart page?  I am digging through the files via ftp and just can't seem to find the right one.  Where can I find it?

Thanks,
    Demetri
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your reply Demetri.

You could edit the page /wp-checkout/views/* your theme */cart.php (where "* your theme *" is the active Shopping Cart plugin theme, i.e. "default" or "simpleblue").

My suggestion is always to try and do things in this order:

- CSS (try and get as far as you can by using custom CSS as I explained previously).
    - Child theme (create a "checkout" folder in your WordPress "themes" folder and copy only the necessary files from your active (Shopping Cart plugin) theme's folder across to be edited. Again, try and get as far as you can with CSS only, since plugin updates might cause other theme files to become outdated.
    - Edit the active theme to your requirements. If you do this, clearly comment all your edits, make accurate notes thereof and keep backups of the files you edit (edits will be overwritten in the event of a plugin update).

I hope this helps, Demetri? I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil