The text '[raw]' appearing on product loop pages

edited February 2013 in Shopping Cart plugin
After upgrading to 1.6.9.4 the text '[raw]' is appearing on the product pages at the top and bottom...

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2013
    Hi David,

This usually means that your shortcode is wrapped in those codes, something like [raw][wpcoproducts][/raw]. They are used to stop the WordPress theme from injecting HTML code, when needed. In this case it seems that "RAW Support" has also been activated under Checkout > Configuration > General > Posts/Pages and Categories Settings, making the [raw]...[/raw] tags around the shortcode on the page(s) superfluous and they can be removed (or you could simply deactivate "Raw Support.").

Please let us know if this helped, will you? I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Phil,
    I don't see 'RAW support' in the Checkout > Configuration > General > Posts/Pages and Categories Settings  section!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi David,

So you don't see this under Checkout > Configuration > General > Posts/Pages and Categories Settings? http://screencast.com/t/ZG5TNoKc

Are you perhaps using an older version of the plugin? Tsk, tsk.. ;-)

Do you see the [raw]...[/raw] tags in your shopping cart pages (Shop, Shopping Cart and Your Account)? If so, simply remove them. There should be no adverse effects.

If you are using an older version of the plugin I would strongly advise you to update to the latest version, since we're constantly adding new features, fixes, security fixes etc. Please note though that the latest version requires WordPress 3.5+

If you need to renew your plugin download subscription in order to update, you could use the coupon code "10OFFP" for a 10% discount.

I hope this helps, David? Let me know, I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm using the latest version alright, but maybe I moved the wrong wp-admin section when I changed hosts, as I have the latest plugin on another domain now and I can see it
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi David,

I don't quite follow... do you still see those tags on the pages? Are you able to remove them, and if you do, what effect does it have?

The RAW tags are used when the WordPress theme injects unwanted HTML into the plugin's source code. They can be added manually around the shortcode on the pages, or universally by enabling "Raw Support" in the configuration. If BOTH are done, the manually added tags on the pages will show up like that.

Does that help?

Regards,

Phil