Image floating in Newsletter

Hi there,
I was wondering, since many newsletter businesses do not have the problem of the image floating that is described here:

whether it is realistic to expect a more client-friendly solution for this issue.

I don't expect it this month, but why do MailChimp and other providers don't have this problem?

Cheers!
Ronald

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your post.

I fully understand your concern over this and I agree that it would be good to have a more user friendly solution to this issue.

The reason why MailChimp, Aweber etc. do not have this problem is that they don't use the WordPress built-in editor :-)

You might consider using something like WP Super Edit (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-edit/) which enhances the standard TinyMCE editor's functions. It includes a button for better control over images. This is just a suggestion to make life easier in the interim - we'll see if we could add a built-in solution down the road.

Please let me know if this helps, will you? I'm not 100% sure that WP Super Edit or a similar plugin will do the trick, but I believe it might. You might even know of a better interim solution like that... if so, feel free to share.

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    OK Phil, thx for your reply.
    I do not have the time these weeks for such an experiment, but I'll keep you informed about the results!

Best regards,
    Ronald
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your reply Ronald!

I might try an experiment or two myself, and let you know here. It would be handy to have a nice one-click solution.

Kind regards,

Phil