[Solved] Sorting Products in Category

edited April 2013 in Shopping Cart plugin

Ok - The site I am working on is a book site and each book comes in 3 versions - PDF (Downloadable) - $9.99, Paper back (Tangible) - $18.95 and Hard Cover (Tangible) - $29.95. I have a customized product page for each of the titles and I have added the title as a category and have added the 3 types of books as a product in that category.  I have the products in Grid display, but can't seem to get them to sort properly.  I would like them to sort on price, asc, per category - but them keep appearing in a random order. I have the following - but not sure if this is correct [wpcocategory id=2 type="grid" sortby="price" sort="ASC"] - may have to sort on the product within the category.

Thanks!

Thanks for any help or direction you can provide me - here is a page so you can take a look at what I have so far - http://www.smartessentials.com/selling-your-home

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your post.

The best way for you to do this is to simply use the shortcode [wpcocategory id="X"] and then go to Checkout > Shop Categories, click on "Order Products" for each category and set the sort order of the products there.

I hope this helps?

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

Phil,

I figured it out - my prices are $9.99, $18.95 and $29.95 - when it sorted it came out in this order $18.95, 29.95 and 9.99.  - which is sorted correctly based on what data type the field price is set to in the data base - (i.e. 1, 2, 9)  I went in and set the 9.99 price to 09.99 and they sorted correctly and the price is display correctly ($9.99).

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!  Moving on to the checkout process now!  Great product!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Tammy,

Well done and thanks for letting us know :)

Regards,

Phil