Plugin fails with php 5.4.14

My host provider was testing php 5.4.14 and killed my site.

They rolled it back before I could cut and paste the warnings.  All of them referenced the shopping cart plugin.  About 8-10 warnings and you could not login.

It mentions invalid value, default, and referenced shipping, tax, state, ...

Good luck with that one.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi slingblade01,

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

Is the situation still the same? Do the warning messages still occur?

Perhaps you could try the following to see if the site is functioning normally: Add the following code to the top of your wp-config.php file in WordPress:

error_reporting(0);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

That will remove the warnings and make it clearer to see whether the site is functioning normally.

If you are still unable to login and the Shopping Cart plugin doesn't work at all, could you please submit a support ticket here:

http://tribulant.com/support/

Please include WordPress login details and FTP access, so we could investigate.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

The host provider was testing php 5.4.14 breifly. It impacted me immediately. I called and explained the situation. He knew exactly what it was and rolled back the s/w version 10 minutes later. Everything is now normal.  He stated, based on the warnings, that serveral plugins were not ready for php 5.4.14 yet.

All of the warnings referenced an item in the shopping cart directory and login was not possible.

Agian, I only saw the warnings for a brief moment before I was on the phone.  No cahnges were made on my end so I knew it was on his end. That is when he confessed that he tested the new php.

My site is now running normally again on the older php.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the reply, slingblade01.

Is everything all right now with your Shopping Cart plugin? Situation normal?

I'll definitely bring this to the attention of our developers so we could get ready for PHP 5.4.14. Thanks so much for the heads up.

Please let us know if everything's all right, will you?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same problem. I also can't login even if I remove the plugin manually. Latest php and shopping cart don't get along. How can I temporarily disable the shopping cart without being able to get into wordpress backend?!
    Thanks,
    Dave
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I rolled all the way back to 5.2.17 and it still fails:
    Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/bluetaxu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-checkout/models/option.php on line 98

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/bluetaxu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-checkout/models/shipmethod.php on line 59

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/bluetaxu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-checkout/models/state.php on line 40

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/bluetaxu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-checkout/models/tax.php on line 42

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/bluetaxu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-checkout/models/shiprate.php on line 44
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for your posts.

We've been in touch via support ticket and as we discussed it seems to have been browser cache leaving those warnings even after you had rolled PHP back to the previous version.

Our development team is aware of the issue with the latest PHP and will tend to it in due course.

Best regards,

Phil

This discussion has been closed.