Australia Post Shipping - Express Post Platinum error

Hello again, I have just added Express Post Platinum as a shipping option to a site in development (in addition to Economy and Express). Those two methods work fine, but Express Post Platinum returns this error:

Please enter a valid Service code

Any suggestions?

(link removed)

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mandy (?)

Thanks for your post.

If everything works normally (which it seems to, in my opinion), you can simply turn off error reporting for the shipping options as shown here:

http://screencast.com/t/6Nao5Zm7SCGD

Please let us know if this helps, will you? I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello - no it isn't workng sorry - there should be three shipping methods appearing - Standard, Express, and Express Platinum - but only two apepar, and Express platinum has the error at the bottom
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hmmm...

My apologies, I never noticed that Express Platinum didn't appear at all - must have been very tired or something :)

All three use the Australia Post API, and if one doesn't work there are two possibilities:
    1. It's not available for your account;
    2. There might be something wrong with your account.

Could you possibly contact Australia Post and ask them about that?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks Phil - I was referred to their technical specs pdf (http://auspost.com.au/devcentre/assets/pdfs/pac-pcs-technical-specification.pdf). This line below was of interest as it is what the error related to. Does the cart send this required 'service_code' field currently?

[service_code]: Required
    . The service code of the parcel (Code retrieved from Domestic Parcel Service and Option data oriented method)

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

It doesn't send through the 'service_code', it simply sends through the weight, origin, destination, etc... and retrieves all possible services which are available.

Please note that the plugin is using the legacy Australia Post API and not the eParcel API.

Let me know if this helps please.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hmmmm... not sure quite what to try now! Is it possible the API has been updated? I found a facebook post from another CMS that was having the same problem, not sure if this helps?

https://www.facebook.com/litecommerce/posts/375636795795690

I don't know how the API etc all works so don't know what to ask Australia Post specifically!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sorry just bumping this up :) Any suggestions to make your plugin work with the API?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi mandsmc,

Is it critical for you to be able to use the Express Platinum option right now?

If you could possibly make do without it for a while that would be great, since we are working at integrating the new Australia Post eParcel API. At the moment the plugin still has the legacy DRC API integrated.

Please let us know it that helps, will you? I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    The client really need it as some of their items are high value, and that shipping method requires a signature, which they really need to encourage their customers to use for bigger orders. How long do you think it will be for the new API to be integrated? The client wants to go live in the next 48 hours, I am guessing that isn't looking too good now?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mandy,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, unfortunately the next few hours will unfortunately not look too good for that I'm afraid. Nor even this month, I'm afraid, in all probability.

Is this something your client might consider worth having done as a custom rush job?

Please let us know, I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I don't think there's anything left in the budget I'm afraid... any suggestions for a workaround at all?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mandy,

I was just told that Platinum Express IS in the DRC API in the plugin, so it should work. Would you mind submitting a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/ with WordPress login details so we could take a look for you?

Please also include a link to this forum topic so we could update it afterwards.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sent - thanks! Look forward to your help :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mandy,

Thanks for that! We'll check it out and reply a.s.a.p.

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    For anyone else having the same problem, this plugin uses a legacy API from Australia Post that has now had the Platinum Express option removed. Hopefully the tribulant team can move to the new API soon so that us in Australia can offer a full suite of options! Please keep us posted on that, would love an ETA if you can advise...?? Cheers, Mandy

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mandy,

We'll certainly let you know soon, hopefully. Company policy is to not give ETAs, I'm afraid.

I believe it should be done soon though.

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    A new version of the Australia Post Shipping Method will be available in our next release.
This discussion has been closed.