Free shipping/coupons on certain items?

Is it possible to do free shipping on certain items only without it affecting the rest of the order, or discount coupons that only apply to certain items?  

thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    You can exempt an item from the overall shipping calculation.  That item effectively gets a zero rated shipping.  You cannot do this conditionally, it's an always thing.   So you can't say buy two of these and get free shipping.  The product is either included in the shipping calculation or it is not. 

There is currently no facility for coupons by specific item, although myself and others have requested this feature. I've been told it's in the works. 

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi lemonhead,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately discount coupons are global at the moment, so they cannot be applied to certain items only. Our coupon system is very basic at present, but we have definite plans to upgrade it substantially with all kinds of nifty features. No ETA though, I'm afraid.

You should be able to zero rate a product's shipping by selecting "Exclude from global shipping calculation" on the add/edit product page in the Product Pricing & Shipping section, and make sure that "Additional Shipping Cost" in the same section is set to "No, no additional shipping cost."

http://screencast.com/t/njEGoiIp8l

Please let me know if this works for you, will you?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Any news on Discount Codes to individual items in a shopping cart. This is really an essential feature requirement. I love your shopping cart, but I have come unstuck, with a client request for just this!

Thanks  Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Here is a different topic with similar requests: http://tribulant.com/app/webroot/forums/discussion/165/discount-coupon-per-productcategorycustomer#Item_19

I`ll close this one so we can provide updates and discuss possible features there.

All the best!
This discussion has been closed.