[SOLVED] Single license on dev site?

edited January 2014 in Newsletter plugin
I have a single license for a client of mine, and I need to update some stuff that Iv'e done with it.  Iv'e moved a copy of the site to my localhost, but I can't use the Newsletter plugin because it won't recognize the key as valid.

Is there any method of allowing "localhost" to work alongside a licensed live website?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Hi bassblogs,

Thank you for your post!

What is the link/URL of your localhost site?
    If it is http://localhost/ the plugin's serial key validation will be bypassed automatically.

If not and it is something else, you'll need a different serial key.
    In that case, please submit a ticket to us with the link/URL and we'll generate a key for you.
    You can submit a ticket here: http://tribulant.com/support/

All the best,
    Antonie
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Ah, okay.  Yes, it's "newcomers.dev", not just "localhost".

Thanks!  I'll sumbit a ticket :)  I appreciate it!
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    edited January 2014

Hi,

Am just about to purchase your newsletter plug-in and just wanted to confirm that I will be able to work in both a dev and live environment.  For example:

Development domain: new.mydomain.org.uk

Production domain: www.mydomain.org.uk

I don't want to have to go live without the newsletter working and there is a current (old) website on the domain.

Which domain entry should I use to generate my serial key.  The advice above seems to say to generate the key on new.mydomain.org.uk and then get it all running.  Then to email support for an updated key once the site goes live on www.mydomain.org.uk.  Is this correct.

Thanks in advance for support.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you, we'll look for your ticket and reply with a serial key!

All the best,
    Antonie
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi

You can use it like this. You can submit a ticket for a serial key. 
    I can supply you with a serial key for both production and live site. In the mean time you can generate a serial key for your development site and then we can just generate a serial key for your live site.

Regards
    Marietha

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks Marietha - much appreciated.