full screen slideshow & remove original images on page

Hi there, 

I really like your plugin and am wondering if you can please provide direction on how I can achieve the following: 

- I would like the initial original images in my post to be removed and only displayed through the slideshow
- I know there is an option in the settings to display the images in a thickbox when they are clicked on.  However, I would like them to be displayed in full screen mode similar to how Fullscreen Galleria does when you click on the thumbnail

Essentially, I am trying to achieve something similar to how Maxim displays images on a post:

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi,

It's completely OK to remove the images actually displaying in your post - they are still in the post's media gallery and are served from there.

There is currently not a fullscreen mode available, but there is an image overlay setting under Slideshow > Configuration to enlarge the images using Colorbox.

I hope that helps?

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey Phil, 

Thanks - I actually got this plugin to work with the Fullscreen Galleria plugin.  However, now I am having trouble getting the slideshow to consistently work with the post_id shortcode.  It does work with the gallery shortcode, put we like the easy of use that the post_id one offers.  Have you encountered this before?  

Here is a post where I have included the [slideshow post_id="3080"] tag, but nothing is displaying. 

Thanks!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2013
    Hi 4dmedia,

Thanks for your reply.

I inspected the page you refer to using Firebug's console and noticed a whole lot of "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden" errors, I suspect one for each image:

http://screencast.com/t/PESISMXXNVGp

Normally these type of errors are server side, i.e. your host is blocking the images for some reason or there is a server permissions issue.

Did the slideshow work before you started using the Fullscreen Galleria plugin? Would you mind deactivating the plugin and checking to see whether the slideshow works? If not, you might have to ask your host why there are those "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden" errors related to those images on your site. You can show them one of the errors in full:

"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/75x/9d/2f/fa/9d2ffa8f801f6fb7c2d6ae7c267c2154.jpg"

Please let us know if this helped, will you? I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hmmm, I appreciate your input but you know I think those forbidden errors are coming from the social tabs widget trying to display the Pinterest images b/c the images attached to the post are in our media library.  I actually deleted the initial post, so please use this one for reference now: 

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi 4dmedia,

Do you have a custom fonts or downloadable fonts plugin active? If so could you deactivate it and try again? It seems to be the source of the errors I get in console.

Please let us know will you?

Regards,

Phil