Subscribe with email

I am trying to integrate this with Wishlist Member.  Their built in autoresponder would be easiest to use, but generic requires sending the user's account info to an email for subscribe or unsubscribe.  Do you have any other options you have worked with, possibly a function I could work with for integration?

Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mel,

Thanks for your post.

Would you mind elaborating a little as to how you would like to see this working exactly, so we could advise you accordingly?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Not a problem.  Let's say to subscribe to a mailing list, you can send an email to subscribe@yourdomain.com.  Same with unsubscribe, email unsubscribe@yourdomain.com

Mostly this is to integrate with Wishlist Member.  I am looking for a way to add/remove people from newsletter based on subscription.  The built in system for Newsletter plugin does not work when you have an ecommerce shop being used, such as woocommerce, so I'm looking for another direction.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Mel,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently the only built-in methods of subscription are as follows:

1. Via the normal subscription form;
    2. Via a checkbox in a post's comment form;
    3. Via a checkbox in the WordPress registration form;
    4. Via manually importing a list of subscribers (CSV);
    5. Via an automatic import of new WordPress users;
    6. Via a checkbox in the checkout process of our own WordPress Shopping Cart plugin.

The email subscription as you describe it should in theory be possible, but it would have to be coded. All of the methods I mentioned above can make use of email confirmation (double opt-in).

The methods of unsubscription currently available are the following:

1. Via the unsubscribe link in an email;
    2. Via the "Manage Subscriptions" page on the relevant website.

The functions you require should be relatively simple to develop. Our plugins are open source, so a programmer should be able to do it for you. Best yet is if we develop it for you, for the sake of continuity within the plugin for future releases.

If you are interested you could submit a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/ asking for custom development, clearly stating your requirements and specifications. We will then assess the request and provide you with a quote for the custom work.

I hope this helps, Mel?

Kind regards,

Phil