Sizing and Centering Slideshow in Responsive Update

I'm trying to center and size down (75%) my slideshow. I'm using the responsive update to the slideshow gallery plugin. 

I know HOW to do this--in using the Chrome editor, I figured out my numbers and added the styling to my css file (using child themes). It looks perfect in the online editor, but when I update my CSS file, something is overriding the changes I've made to the #slideshow-wrapper div. When I refresh my page and open the editor again, the changes I've made don't even show up in the styling. 

I don't know if I'm explaining this well, but it's driving me nuts. Just wondering, is there anything anyone knows about that could be overriding my changes? I don't really want to edit the original css files if I can help it. The child-theme css styling worked just fine when I had to change something else earlier... 

Here's the webpage in question: http://powerhousehomes.com/index.php/19601-2

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I still wouldn't mind hearing other solutions, but I went in and edited the css-responsive.php file to get the changes I needed. Still don't understand why an update to style.css in the child theme won't override it though. Any one know? Am I just having a major brain fart?