"Basic Purpose" of Newsletter plugin is missing a *key* point

JJGJJG
edited October 2012 in Newsletter plugin
Hi Antonie,  on Sept 24, you wrote, in the thread "horribly complicated setup"
The basic purpose of the Newsletter plugin is to do the following things:

1. Capture email subscribers.
2. Send emails/newsletters to the subscribers.

I think you are missing a huge "basic purpose:"
3.  Manage lists of email subscribers

I've already made a feature request for a bulk action "Remove subscriber from list"

We need to be able to filter a list, e.g. show me all the "inactives" in a given list.

Lists are living things, and, like gardens, they need to be cultivated and weeded constantly.  Please give us some features for this.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    And another thing...     here's an example of "cultivating and weeding" in the list garden:
    - let's say I want to activate all members of a list (remember, there is no way to filter to see who the "inactives" are, so I am stuck with this brute force method)
    So I click the checkbox at the top of the list to "select all" but it only seems to affect the page I am looking at.
    I choose bulk action "activate" but it has no effect on any subscribers in the list not on the currently shown page.

Now, my list is just getting started - only 300 names.  Even if I set to view 30 per page (which makes refresh slow) I still need to page through 10 pages.  What happens when I have 3,000 in the list?  30,000?   

What size list do you think your plugin is appropriate for?  Maybe you don't intend to handle bigger lists?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    I agree with everything he says.  Cultivation is key to the quality of any marketing list.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks guys for bringing this to our attention. We'll keep it in mind and see how we can improve.

Best regards,

Phil