Newsletters: POP/IMAP Mailbox Bounce I am not able to get bounce to work on POP mail...

edited October 2012 in Newsletter plugin

The
 WordPress Newsletters plugin has a POP/IMAP mailbox bounce method which retrieves bounced emails directly from a POP3 or IMAP mailbox using a host, port, username and password (just like an email client such as Outlook, Mac OS Mail, Thunderbird, etc) and then takes action based on your configuration settings. See under Newsletters > Configuration in the ‘Bounce Configuration’ settings box for easy to follow POP/IMAP settings.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am confused with the way bounce are counted.
    I have more than 2000 bounce MAILER-DAEMON mails in my bouncer mail box and yet 0 recorded bounces.
    The db has 0 bounce for all my users.

When I check the pop configuration it says it works. If I open the mailbox, it says mails are opened and read. Yet nothing goes to the db.

What's wrong?
    Am I missing something?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Taylor,

I believe this issue of yours is being handled as a support ticket, but I'll just post the gist of it here for the benefit of the community.

The main issue was trying to connect to a bounce mailbox using Gmail. We've had problems with this and people are struggling to use a Gmail account as a bounce mailbox.

The solution is to create a mailbox on the actual server or on another server which is not a Gmail account.

Best regards,

Phil