[SOLVED] No image, no thumbnails, WP Multi

Hello, You can see that no image are loaded. I guess it's something with the path of the image folder, but I don't really understand previous posts on this forum about this issu.

I show a capture of what happen in the Manage Slides:

Thanks for all !

WP 3.4.2

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post.

This was in the wrong category, I moved it to Slideshow Gallery plugin category.

Did you check the TimThumb testing utility under Slideshow > Configuration?
    It will show you a link like this: 

If you click it you see there are errors going on.
    Can you turn off error reporting at the top of the slideshow-gallery/vendors/timthumb.php file?

Also, are you sure that the images are uploaded under wp-content/uploads/slideshow-gallery/ folder?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you !
    Should I move the images manually with FTP ?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2012
    Sorry I don't see the reporting line in timthumb.php... is that
    define ('DEBUG_ON', false) 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your responses.

Actually PHP error_reporting might be on by default on the server I guess.

You can put this code in the "slideshow-gallery/vendors/timthumb.php" file *after* the opening <?php tag: http://pastebin.com/CqWQruqF

If the issue persists, please submit a ticket to us with WordPress login details to check for you.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2012
    Thanks,

As you can see it's still the same:

A TimThumb error has occured

The following error(s) occured:
    • Could not find the internal image you specified.
    Query String : src=wp-content/uploads/slideshow-gallery/bpsignentranceslide.jpg&w=600&h=400&q=100&a=t
    TimThumb version : 2.8.10

Please,  I would like to check myself: do you have any idea ?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2012
    ah but......

Where do I need to put this code ? Do I need to do something with that code ? I just saw it in your plugin description....

<?php if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow($output = true, $post_id = false, $gallery_id = false, $params = array()); } ?>

Also I can see there is no thumbnails in " Manage Slides" but when I click on the missing thumbnail, the original image appears on its window...

Thank you for your help and support, your forum is working good and the plugin looks fantastic, really want to use it !!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your responses.

The code you showed is for hardcoding into your theme or a plugin.
    You can put it into one of your theme's template files for example.

Please submit a ticket regarding that TimThumb issue: http://tribulant.com/support/
    Please provide a link to your site and WordPress login details so that we can assist you with it.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2012
    I just installed the slideshow gallery plugin onto a fresh install of word press 3.4.2. When i click on the link to test timthumb i get a 500 Internal Server Error. In the settings page it self under the thumb test i only get a broken link.

I tried re-installing and confirming all files are there. 

I am running Apache 2.2.3 on a CentOS Linux Server

I have tried using Chrome and Firefox. Neither one work.

Edit - it seems wordpress is blocking the script from being called directly. Perhaps the script needs to be called through wordpress rather than directly.

It has 755 permissions and there isn't a hta file so wordpress is somehow hooking into the folders and blocking the php script execution. 

Is there a way to disable timthumb and just manually crop and resize a thumb for it? Or rather a easy way without having to rewrite a good chunk of your code?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post.

WordPress shouldn't block TimThumb but your hosting provider could. A while back there was a security issue with TimThumb and some hosting providers still block it. Can you ask the hosting provider by providing them the URL to the TimThumb image?

There is no other quick way to resize thumbnails unfortunately. You can turn off the "Resize Images" setting under Slideshow > Configuration but that is only effective for the main slides/images and not the thumbnails.

Let me know if this helps please!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello toonamo,

I'm just following up to find out if your issue had been resolved?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil