WordPress Banner Rotator plugin
With the WordPress Banner Rotator plugin, you can quickly and easily display banner ads on your WordPress website in several different ways with the level of flexibility you need in order to optimize your publishing results.
- Linux and Apache Server (recommended)
- WordPress 3.0 or higher
- PHP 4.2 or higher
- safe_mode Off
- MySQL 4 or higher
- Ensure that you have WordPress installed
- Download the WordPress Banners plugin from the downloads management section in a ZIP archive (you may need to log in to your Tribulant Software account in order to access your download).
- Either upload it to your WordPress > Plugins > Add New section for a quick installation and skip to step 5 or extract the ZIP archive named
wp-banners.zipin order to be presented with a single folder named
- Upload the
wp-bannersfolder to the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation. If you are upgrading, overwrite all existing plugin files from an older version.
- Access the “Plugins” panel in your WordPress Dashboard once logged in as administrator.
- Activate the “Banners” plugin if it isn’t already active.
- Access the “Banners” administration menu item and the submenus to manage the plugin. This can be found on the left hand side of your WordPress Dashboard.
Quick Start Guide
- Go to ‘Plugins’ in your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to ‘Banner Rotator’ and click the ‘Activate’ link.
- You will now see a red bar across the top of your admin screen. Generate a serial key from here: https://tribulant.com/downloads/ by clicking the key icon next to the plugin name (you may have to log in to view that page)
*Please note: There are very descriptive instructions when generating the key, they basically say that from your WordPress admin page, the URL shown in the address bar of your browser, you need to select everything after the “http://” and before the next “/” slash
Example: http://www.example-domain-name.com/subfolder1/subfolder2 for this URL you would only select the www.example-domain-name.com
Any mistakes will be final and you will have to submit a ticket to get your key re-issued. Once you have your key you need to copy and paste it to the serial key field and submit it. If your serial key was generated for the wrong domain, this is where you will get an “Invalid Serial Key” message, if it is right, then you can proceed and begin using the plugin.
- The Menu Item Banners will appear in your menu. Go to Banners> Configuration.
- Read carefully through the Configuration and select the options that best suit what you want.
- Click on Save Configuration blue bar when you are done.
- Go to ‘Banners’ > Click on ‘Adverts’
- Click on ‘Add New’. At the top of the page. Here you will be able to upload your banner image.
- Insert Title
- Select your banner settings according to your specific specifications of your webpage.
- Click ‘Save Banner Ad’
- Go to ‘Banners’ > Click on Zones.
- Click ‘Add New’ At the top of the page.
- Insert a Title. e.g. Sidebar2 > Go to drop down bar > Select ‘Activate’
- Click on Apply.
- Go to ‘Banners’ > Click on Sizes.
- Click on ‘Add New’ at the top of the page.
- Here you can add a new size to your specifications, on size, length or width.
- Once you have configured your own sized banner (Optional) Click ‘Save Size’.
Putting Banners on your Website
- There are 3 ways of embedding banners.
- Sidebar Widgets: https://docs.tribulant.com/wordpress-banner-rotator-plugin/442.
- Short codes into posts/pages: https://docs.tribulant.com/wordpress-banner-rotator-plugin/437.
- Hardcoding into WordPress theme: https://docs.tribulant.com/wordpress-banner-rotator-plugin/425.
Usage & Integration
Once Banner Rotator is setup it is quite easy to use and maintain.